Monday, July 24, 2006

cerr << "Hello, World!" << endl;

Hello! This is my first post, just to make sure everything's working fine (such an intro is probably a sure sign that it's not just a new blog line, but a new and uneasy blogger!)

If you've stumbled onto this, here's what you can expect in the future: stream of consciousness thinking, more to figure out what I'm thinking than to really expound! That means that sometimes I'll float an idea, think about it awhile, get negative feedback, and then won't even defend it - may even make a 180 degree turnabout! Exciting, eh? It gets worse: I love running, racing, theology, and science, so things will get peppered with analogies from those arenas.

The main focus will be Christian living in this present age - the LetUsRun author name is more a reference to Hebrews 12:1,2, than about my interest in running. How do we pray, love, and live in a world populated by others who are just as fallible as we are? What will we teach our children?

What's next: I have been grieved and haunted by the recent tragic fighting between Israel and Lebanon. Though I know less than I'd like about the region these days, I have acquaintances who live in Haifa. I want to talk a little about praying for that region, and hope to hear your thoughts - all that - tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger HeavyDluxe said...

In the words of Homer Simpson, "Welcome to the internet, my friend!"

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger PatL said...

Hey, welcome to the world of blogging! Nice to see another VBCer in the mix! You worship team guys are getting more & more alike ... scary! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home